The Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory provides comprehensive preclinical characterization of nanomedicine formulations, encompassing physicochemical characterization as well as in vitro and in vivo immunology, pharmacology and toxicology evaluation.
The laboratory has characterized hundreds of unique nanomedicine formulations and has experience with most nanotechnology platforms, active pharmaceutical ingredients and other strategies being explored for nanotech drug development.
There are several mechanisms available for collaboration, including:
- The free Assay Cascade characterization program
- Fee-based research and development collaborations
- Purchase of select fee-for-service assays through the Technical Services program
The Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory also provides a host of other resources for nanotech developers, including:
- Free consultation on experimental design or strategy
- An expansive library of protocols developed for the physical, chemical and biological study of nanomedicines
For more information on the services and resources available, visit the National Cancer Institute's website.