- Analyzes viral populations with a genetic insert used as a viral barcode to track clonotypic viral lineages.
- Determines the number, proportion, and unique sequence of each barcode.
- The Viral Evolution Core extracts nucleic acid from tissues, plasma, or isolated cells.
- Polymerase chain reaction amplification of the barcoded region is performed on the extracted DNA/cDNA, and amplicons are sequenced using Illumina next generation deep sequencing.
- Samples can be run individually or multiplexed up to 10 different samples per run and run simultaneously in one sequencing reaction.
- Following sequencing, we use our custom analysis pipeline to determine the number, proportion, and unique sequence of each barcode.
- This application is designed to work only with viral populations containing a genetic insert as a viral barcode.
- We have recently developed this barcoded virus system for SIV, several SHIV Env clones, and HIV.
Includes sufficient basic consultation with a subject matter expert.