Subcontracting and Acquisitions
The Acquisitions Department works closely with our contractors and business partners to foster success and supply the Frederick National Laboratory and our customers with high quality products and services.
The department, within the Contracts and Acquisitions Directorate, is responsible for all purchasing and subcontracts directly supporting the Frederick National Laboratory’s mission to discover, innovate, and improve human health.
In addition to engaging large business partnerships, we are committed to working with the small business community, including companies that are:
- Women owned
- Small disadvantaged
- Veteran owned
- Service disabled
- In historically underutilized business zones
We conduct outreach to businesses, including participation in SMART PROC and Frederick County Chamber of Commerce events. We work with the National Institutes of Health Office of Acquisition and Logistics Management when seeking candidates for business opportunities.
Explore our open solicitations.
Potential vendors seeking to work with us must first complete a New Vendor Registration. Contracts are awarded to vendors through Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc., which currently operates the Frederick National Laboratory.
Join us in serving our customers
We support the facility infrastructure, laboratory operations and maintenance, supply chain operations, and on-site occupational health service. Subcontracting and outsourcing are crucial for the operation of Frederick National Laboratory on behalf of our customers, both locally and globally. We look for:
- Rapid response to customer needs
- Reasonable and competitive cost solutions
- Timely delivery of products and services
Supplies and services we seek
Our suppliers provide a variety of commodities and services from consumable lab supplies to research contracting. Contact us for more information and business opportunities.
Research and Development Services and Subcontracts
- Vaccine development
- Pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Biomedical research
- Clinical trial operations
- Data management
- Cell production
- DNA sequencing
- Consultant (scientific and administrative)
- Other research and development services
Commercial Goods and Services
- Laboratory equipment and supplies
- Industrial services and supplies
- Animals and animal supplies
- Commercial services
- Maintenance and repair services
- Office and laboratory furniture
- Cleaning and janitorial supplies
Construction and Facilities Services
- General contractor — new construction and renovation (all trades)
- Architect and engineering