The Frederick National Laboratory is the only U.S. national lab wholly focused on research, technology, and collaboration in the biomedical sciences- working to discover, to innovate, and to improve human health.
We accelerate progress against cancer and AIDS by bridging the gap between late discovery and early development of diagnostics and therapeutics, by creating cross-cutting technology platforms, and by proposing new data standards.
Our team of 2,000 scientists, technicians, administrators, and support staff work at the forefront of basic, translational, and preclinical science.
Opportunities are available to:
- Undertake scientific challenges of national importance
- Partner with world-class academic and commercial scientists
- Operate leading-edge facilities
- Develop advanced technologies that address national needs
- Educate new generations of scientists
- Provide rapid response to emerging health threats
- Apply bioinformatics in genomic data analysis
- Support clinical trials in the United States and abroad
- Develop pharmaceuticals for first-in-human clinical trials
- Support the responsible use of animal models in cancer research