Our Acquisitions Directorate supports the national laboratory with high quality products and services to achieve its national mission. In addition to engaging large subcontractors, we are also committed to working with small businesses, minority- and women-owned concerns, and businesses run by service-disabled veterans.
Our support to the national laboratory includes facility infrastructure, laboratory operations and maintenance, supply chain operations, and support to an onsite occupational health service. Subcontracting and outsourcing plays a large role in the day-to-day operations of the Frederick, Md., facilities, regional off-site operations, and at locations around the world.
- Rapid response to customer needs.
- Reasonable and competitive cost solutions.
- Timely delivery of products and services.
Suppliers we rely upon:
- Laboratory equipment and supplies
- Industrial services and supplies
- Animals and animal supplies
- Testing services
- Maintenance and repair services
- Furniture for offices and laboratories
- Cleaning and janitorial supplies
Research and development services and subcontracts
- Vaccine development
- Pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Research and development services
- Biomedical research services
- Clinical trial operations
- Data management
- Cell production services
- DNA sequencing
- Consultant services, scientific and administrative
Construction and facilities services
- General contractor services for new construction and renovation, all trades
- Architect and engineering services
- Demolition services
The Frederick National Laboratory is committed to subcontracting through its prime contract with the small business community to the maximum extent practical and encourages small businesses to communicate with our acquisition leadership team on the services and products they can provide that are synergistic with the national laboratory’s mission.
The laboratory actively participates in small business outreach events such as SMARTPROC and works closely with Fort Detrick business development offices when seeking out sources for business opportunities.
For more information on our small business and general acquisition opportunities please contact the following individuals:
Small Business: Crystal Canja, Small Business Liaison Officer, 301-846-1704.
Acquisitions: Debi Hogarty, Commercial Products Purchasing Manager, 301-846-1127
Acquisitions: Steve Grumbach, Director of Acquisitions, 301-846-1715
Acquisitions: Chad Hildebrand, Construction & Facilities Services Manager, 301-846-5422
Acquisitions: Dennis Chaloux, Research Subcontracts Manager, 301-228-4796
Acquisitions: Nancy Mayo, Supplies, 301-846-5167
Acquisitions: Valerie Ferrone, Equipment and Maintenance, 301-846-1125