- Performs immunohistochemistry to determine the quantity of extracellular matrix deposits accumulated within secondary lymphoid tissues.
- Generates high-resolution digital images of each immunohistochemistry stained sample.
- Provides relevant data electronically, including a report with interpretations and conclusions.
- Collagen I, Collagen III, or Fibronectin immunohistochemistry is performed to ascertain the extent of extracellular matrix deposition (i.e., fibrosis) accumulated within secondary lymphoid tissues.
- To ensure consistency among assay batches, we utilize an automated immunohistochemistry system.
- High-resolution digital images of each IHC stained sample are generated using the Aperio ScanScope CS System.
- Regions of interest of a defined size are highlighted on each digital image using the Aperio ImageScope software regions tool.
- High-resolution images of regions of interest are generated using a custom software program created by the Imaging and Visualization Group that automatically extracts regions of interest from the digital slide annotation layer.
- Under the guidance of a subject matter expert, the core provides comprehensive quantitative image analysis using a custom series of unique actions in Photoshop with Fovea tools to determine the percent area in each high-resolution image that is occupied by fibrotic collagen.
Includes sufficient basic consultation with a subject matter expert.