- Calculates the fraction of captured CD4+ T cells or macrophages harboring HIV or SIV vDNA.
- Captures up to 3,000 individual CD4+ T cells or macrophages.
- Annotates tissue regions of interest and specific cell populations to highlight the specific anatomical tissue compartments.
- Performs laser capture microdissection.
- Provides relevant data electronically, including a report with interpretations and conclusions.
- CD4 (DAB) and CD68/CD163 (FastRed) double immunohistochemistry is performed, allowing for the specific identification of both CD4+ T cell and myeloid/macrophage populations.
- A high-resolution digital image of each stained sample is generated using the Aperio ScanScope CS System.
- Under the guidance of a subject matter expert, the core annotates tissue regions of interest and specific cell populations (i.e., CD4+ T cells or CD68+/CD163+ macrophages) to highlight the specific anatomical tissue compartments and specify the cell populations to be captured by laser capture microdissection.
- Laser capture microdissection is performed on an ArcturusXT Laser Capture Microdissection System.
- Captured CD4+ T cells or macrophages are treated using the Arcturus PicoPure DNA Extraction kit.
- Quantitative PCR is performed for HIV or SIV vDNA (Gag) and the cellular gene CCR5 for cell equivalent enumeration.
Includes sufficient basic consultation with a subject matter expert.