- Provides comprehensive quantitative image analysis for CD4+ T cells.
- Uses masking of non-T cell CD4 in fixed tissues from virally infected and uninfected specimens.
- Generates a high-resolution digital image of each double immunohistochemistry stained sample.
- Provides relevant data electronically, including a report with interpretations and conclusions.
- The Tissue Analysis Core processes, embeds, and performs microtomy on fixed-tissue samples presented in ethanol.
- Slides are stained for CD4 & CD68/CD163 markers by immunohistochemistry for macrophages/dendritic cells.
- To ensure consistency among assay batches, we have automated a major portion of the double immunohistochemistry assay using the IntelliPATH autostainer.
- A high-resolution digital image of each double immunohistochemistry stained sample will be generated using the Aperio ScanScope CS System.
- Regions of interest of a defined size will be highlighted on each digital image using the Aperio ImageScope software regions tool.
- High-resolution images of regions of interest will be generated using a custom-written software program created by the Imaging and Visualization Group that automatically extracts regions of interest from the digital slide annotation layer.
- Under the guidance of a subject matter expert, the core will provide comprehensive quantitative image analysis using a custom series of unique actions in Photoshop with Fovea tools to determine the percent area in each high-resolution image that is occupied by CD4+ T cells.
Includes sufficient basic consultation with a subject matter expert.