The Frederick National Laboratory is an invested and involved member of the Frederick County, Maryland, community. We support economic development and educational and philanthropic initiatives that enrich the lives of our employees and fellow citizens.
Boosting the biosciences
The Frederick National Laboratory is committed to investing and partnering in economic development initiatives and programs to enhance and grow the local and regional bioscience industry.
The annual Technology Showcase, in partnership with the National Cancer Institute’s Technology Transfer Center, highlights innovative technologies and encourages industry collaborations and licensing for products that will improve human health.
The Biotech Connector speaker series brings together biotech and bioscience professionals each quarter for an inside look at local advances, a chance to share expertise, and the opportunity to network with other scientists and entrepreneurs.
Our employees are dedicated to a tradition of enhancing the local communities that sustain us. This is conducted through monetary donations, volunteer service, and in-kind contributions to achieve positive social impact.
We connect with our communities in multiple ways:
- Serve on local organization boards.
- Pack and distribute weekend food parcels for schoolchildren.
- Build homes for local residents.
- Raise funds for worthy organizations and causes through our employee outreach program, the Power of Community, which have included:
- Food insecurity
- Mental health
- Cancer research
- Public health
- Provide hands-on science lessons to grade-school children.
- Participate in STEM education programs at middle and high schools.
- Share expertise with college students at nearby higher education institutions.
FNL Volunteering: Blizzard Bags
Frederick community employer awards
We are proud to be recipients of several awards that recognize our
support of employees and our contribution to the Frederick community:
- The Maryland Work-Life Alliance recognized the Frederick National Laboratory’s current contract operator, Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc., with its Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval. The award highlights organizations that have embraced work-life practices that meet employees’ needs and drive long-term growth and success.
- The Frederick County Office for Children and Families ranked us among Frederick County’s Top 10 “Family Friendly Businesses.”
- Frederick Magazine named us one of Frederick’s Top 50 Businesses for three consecutive years and counting.