The Cancer Research Technology Program (CRTP) develops and implements emerging technology, cancer biology expertise and research capabilities to accomplish NCI research objectives. The CRTP is an outward-facing, multi-disciplinary hub purposed to enable the external cancer research community and provides dedicated support to NCI's intramural Center for Cancer Research (CCR). The dedicated units provide expertise in electron microscopy, protein characterization, mass spectrometry, protein expression, optical microscopy, and genomics. These research efforts are an integral part of CCR at the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR), where CRTP scientists work collaboratively with intramural NCI investigators to provide research technologies and expertise.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Single Cell Analysis Facility (SCAF) of the Center for Cancer Research (CCR) at NCI. The SCAF provides support for state-of-the-art single cell sequencing technologies to basic and translational cancer research.
This Research Associate will have a role in:
- Performing single cell captures, library preparation, quality control and sequencing
- Helping with experimental design, sample preparation and project troubleshooting
- Working to implement support for advanced single cell methods more efficiently and effectively
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
This position may be filled with a Research Associate II or Research Associate III commensuratewith the selected candidates experience.
- Possession of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- RA level II - In addition to the education requirement, a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experienceperforming cell and molecular biology experiments
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing methods
- RA level III - In addition to the education requirement, a minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible experienceperforming cell and molecular biology experiment
- Demonstrated experience with next generation sequencing methods
- General cell biology experience, including cell culture, sorting, and counting
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience working in a core facility or other team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Knowledge and background experience in cancer biology and immunology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to animal(s) and/or animal material(s)
- This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and immunizations