General Program Details
The NCI Division of Cancer Biology Summer Undergraduate Research Program:
- Typically runs ten weeks, from June through August
- Specific dates can be chosen collaboratively between the host institution and the summer fellow
- Program provides housing at each institution for 10 weeks
- Program provides a $6,000.00 stipend to cover living expenses
- Open to rising junior and senior undergraduates
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Support for travel to and from research institution
- Two-day summer undergraduate research conference will be held at the NIH
How to Apply
- Provide your contact information in the form below and "Submit" it.
- You will receive an email with a link to the application that can be completed online. Required materials for the application include your current transcripts, a statement of interest, a resume or CV, and two recommendation letters focused on suitability for the program.
- In order to solicit the recommendation letters for your application, please enter the name and email address for two faculty members who are willing to provide recommendation letters for you. As soon as you enter the faculty email addresses, the application system will email a link directly to your faculty members so that they can upload their recommendation letters directly into our system. Please identify who will submit recommendation letters for you early in the application process so that they have sufficient time to write and upload their letter. You are responsible for ensuring your faculty members have submitted their recommendation by the application deadline.
- Only applicants with less than one year of cumulative research experience will be considered for the program. Applications that indicate more than one year of research experience will not be reviewed.
Applications for 2025 are not being collected at this time. Please check back in the Fall of 2024.